What a year it's been!
Looking back on 2017, there has certainly been many up's and down's. There has been heartbreak, there have been new and re-diagnoses, and there have been women who were too young, too amazing and too beautiful to pass away from this thing we call cancer. There have been new lives too - a great friend and Fighting Pretty ambassador, Liz, had a baby this year! There are new pregnancies, new engagements and a lot to be happy for.
At Fighting Pretty, have a look at some key highlights for the year:
- From January - December, 2017, we sent over 800 Pretty Packages!
- We have partnered with over 10 corporations nationally to host volunteer days to pack over 1,000 Pretty Packages.
- We worked really hard with our Student Brand Ambassadors and started The Ohio State University Fighting Pretty Program where they raised close to $1,000 and gave away Pretty Packages to local cancer patients.
- We donated over 400 Pretty Packages to hospitals and individual patients!
- We were asked to ring the New York Stock Exchange Closing Bell in September. What an experience! Have a look below.
- Fighting Pretty added two new amazing team members - Corinne & Nancy - who are truly amazing!
- And just this past month, our founder, Kara Skaflestad was asked to walk on the runway at the New York Fashion Week #CancerlandxAnaOno Fashion Show in February! (Buy tickets now!)
"I got my Pretty Package today!!! Love, love, love it. The makeup you sent was perfect. Not colors I would normally try, but they look fantastic on me! The lipstick especially. I smiled a genuine smile, that reached my eyes, for the first time in months. Thank you so much. And how precious are those boxing gloves!!! You're awesome."
~ From a Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer Warrior.
"I received my Fighting Pretty package today. After a week full of doctor appointments and tests, this definitely made my week. Thank you for all you do. Such an amazing organization and mission!"
"Thank you so much for this amazing gift of love! I can't wait to put those boxing glove on my rear view mirror to always remind me to "keep fighting"!! This put a big smile on my face after coming home from my first day back to work and receiving this at my front door!!"
Wishing you all a wonderful, happy, healthy, strong and beautiful year ahead!